Thursday, April 29, 2010

Strawberry Freezer Jam

This last weekend when we went to Vegas I was on a mission to buy strawberries....and lots of them.  We drove from Costco to Costco trying to find strawberries and finally did.  I mostly wanted strawberries to make some more freezer jam. 
In the past I've used the fruit pectin that comes in the litte boxes.  It called for massive amounts of sugar though (like 4 cups of sugar and a cup of corn syrup....yikes!!!)  It was still pretty easy, but then I found this fruit pectin that is just for freezer jam.  It only calls for 1 1/2 cups sugar, 4 cups of smashed strawberries and a little packet of this.
It was so much easier than the other fruit pectin I have used in the past and I can't even taste the difference with less sugar.  If anything, it tastes better....more like strawberries and less like a sugar coma.
Mix all those things together and after 2 batches you should end up with 11 8 oz. jars of perfectly pretty freezer jam.  I love this stuff!!!

No comments: