Monday, November 23, 2009

REVISED*****Nacho Potato Soup***** REVISED

I made this a couple of times last week, once for me and Jed and another time for a family who was moving.  Jed absolutely loved it.   For me, it was just o.k.  The family loved it though!!  If you decide to make it, I would do this:

Use just 1 small box of Au Gratin potatoes
Maybe just put 1 cup of velveeta in the soup........but that's up to you. 
Make sure that once you put the milk and velveeta in it, you turn the heat WAAAAAYYY down.  I didn't and I scalded the milk.....and it just so happened to be the soup I was taking to the family, bummer!!
ENJOY!!

Ingredients
1 (10.5 oz.) Pack of Au Gratin instant potato mix
1 (11 oz.) can of whole kernel corn, drained
1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained, mild
2 Cups water
2 Cups Milk
2 Cups cubed velveeta cheese
Directions
In a 3-quart saucepan, combine contents of potato package, corn, tomatoes and water; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-18 min. or until potatoes are tender. Add milk and cheese; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Garnish with tortilla chips.

No comments: