Oooohhh, I love this dessert!!! I want to go home a make it tonight, but I don't have any ice cream....bummer!! Maybe I'll make it for Thanksgiving dinner!
Caramel
4T. Butter
3/4 C. Light Karo Syrup
1 1/2 Light Brown Sugar
3/4 C. Evaporated Milk
Cook these ingredients until soft ball stage (230 degrees - 240 degrees). Remove from stove and stir in evaporated milk.
Granola Topping
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
2 C. Flour
1/2 C. Old-Fashioned Oats
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 C. chopped pecans (optional)
2 Sticks Butter (melted)
1/2 Gal. Vanilla Ice Cream (box)
Mix all granola topping ingredients together. Place foil on cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and separate with fork while still warm. Divide in half. Sprinkle 1/2 of granola crumbs on bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking pan and drizzle with some caramel. Cut ice cream in 6, 1-inch slices and layer in baking dish. Sprinkle with granola crumbs and drizzle caramel on very top. Put toothpicks in top of ice cream and cover with waxed paper and then foil. Freeze. A great dish to make the day before needed.
Try this and tell me what you think!!
Ham and Cabbage Soup
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment