Our enrichment last night was on Food Storage. I always feel so overwhelmed and unprepared when it comes to Food Storage, but I have decided that I better start preparing. Here are two recipes that you can make with stuff from your food storage.
Moroccan Wheat Berry Salad
3 cups steamed whole wheat
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 can water chestnuts, drained and diced
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 tsp. Cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
1/2 cup golden raisins
Dressing:
2 lemons, juiced (6T.)
2 oranges, juiced (2/3 cup)
3/4 tsp. Ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ground cumin
1 T. honey
Mix ingredients together. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper ( a few daxhes) to tase. Let set for a few hourse or overnight.
BAKED BEANS
5-6 cups white beans drained (canned or reconstituted)
2-14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 onion sliced or onion flakes
1 finely diced jalapeno
2-3 strips of bacon cut
Mix everything together except bacon. Lay bacon across beans. Bake at 375 for 1-1/2 hours. Stir before serving. If more tomato you can add catsup or tomato sauce.
Ham and Cabbage Soup
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment